Privacy Statement Novy
Privacy statement Novy
Novy NV, located in 8520 Kuurne, Noordlaan 6, operating with enterprise number 0436.260.171, is the controller of personal data as indicated in the present privacy statement.
Novy considers the protection of your privacy one of its top priorities. Hence, we endeavour to process your personal data in a lawful, honest, and transparent manner.
In this privacy statement we explain what kinds of information we collect about you, for what purposes such information is to be used, and to what other parties said information will be disclosed. In addition, in this privacy statement you will find information about what rights you possess as well as how you can exercise such rights with respect to your data.
Briefly, our privacy statement unequivocally assures you that we will:
- only use your personal data for purposes that have been mutually agreed upon amongst ourselves;
- not sell your personal data;
- protect your personal data with the utmost care.
Should you have any additional questions or wish to pass on suggestions or comments concerning the content of the present privacy statement, kindly contact us via e-mail or use the contact details as indicated above.
1. Definitions in the present privacy statement
‘Personal data’: personal identifiable data that, either directly or indirectly, provide some information about you as a person (name, address, telephone number, and the like …)
‘Processing controller: the ‘owner’ of certain personal data. This may be Novy herself or a third party (for example, our clients).
‘Processor’: the party that effectively processes your data. This may be Novy herself (as service provider), or a third party that processes data received from, and on behalf of, Novy.
If you have questions regarding this privacy statement, please contact us via email@example.com.
2. What kind of personal data do we process?
Novy processes your personal data since you are using our services and/or because you yourself have provided us with said data.
Novy processes the personal data of natural persons with whom we have, have had, or would like to have, a direct or indirect business relationship.
Hence, it pertains to the personal data of her clients, the contact persons provided by her clients and suppliers, as well as to the contact persons of her potential clients and the personal data of potential employees.
Novy may collect or acquire the following personal data about you:
- Identity information (name, e-mail address, cell phone number, address)
- Information pertaining to your visit to our website (IP-address, connection tools)
- Data pertaining to billing (VAT number, bank account number)
- Video images when you personally visit our premises
- Information concerning your academic curriculum (within the context of a job application)
- Complaints or requests you may address to us.
Novy has no intention to collect data about website visitors under the age of 16 years. However, we cannot verify if a visitor is above that age. We therefore advise parents to keep informed about their children’s online activities, this in order to prevent that data about them be collected without their parental consent. Should you become convinced that we have collected personal data about a minor without your consent, kindly contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, and we shall remove such information.
3. Why do we process personal data?
We collect, process, and use your data solely to enable us to provide you with our services. We collect and process personal data for the following purposes:
- to ensure operational efficiency, e.g., to enable us to take direct contact with our clients’ or suppliers’ contact persons;
- to finalise the conclusion and execution of an agreement we have entered into with you, for instance, when you have registered your appliance under the warranty scheme or when you place an order on our website;
- in order to enable you to place and exchange information on our website, for instance, when you complete our contact form or request our catalogue;
- to enable us to send out the invoice when it pertains to a paid service/product. We never publish financial information on our website and such information is likewise never released to third parties for purposes other than those required for the proper fulfilment of the agreement;
- to send you a newsletter, offers, user information, and the like;
- to comply with legislative and statutory regulations that govern our operations, for instance, within the context of our accounting obligations;
- to enable us to recruit new employees.
- to ensure the security of our business premises, e.g., the installation of a video surveillance system and registration of our visitors.
Novy does not take decisions based on automated processes about matters that might or could affect individuals.
4. On what legal grounds do we base our processes?
The following are the legal grounds on which our data processing is based:
(i) the agreement you have concluded with us for the purpose of providing you with our services;
(ii) your consent;
(iii) our legal obligations to retain certain data;
(iv) our justified interest
5. Access by and transfer to third parties
Novy does not sell your personal data to third parties and provides them exclusively if and when it is deemed necessary to ensure the proper execution of our agreement with you or in order to comply with a legal obligation. In this regard, we may call upon external parties for technical assistance (hosting of the website, web shop...), the forwarding of e-mails (software to process mail traffic or e-mail provider), payments (for instance, a payment service provider or collection agency in the event of default of payment), and the shipment of deliveries (courier service). Such receivers of your personal data may use this information solely to ensure the proper fulfilment of the agreement concluded between us. They are prohibited from using said data for any other purposes. Furthermore, we conclude a processing agreement with companies that process your data on our instruction in order to ensure that the same stringent level of security and confidentiality concerning such data be fully maintained.
6. Duration of the processing
Novy does not retain your personal data any longer than reasonably required to realise the purposes as stated in the present privacy statement.
7. Confidentiality and security
Novy is committed to ensure to the best of her ability that all reasonable precautionary measures be adhered to in order to guarantee the protection and safety of your personal data via technical security means in order to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, undesirable disclosure, and unauthorised alteration.
Either Novy or, case pertaining, the Processor, shall retain the personal data provided on servers in Belgium or within the European Union
8. Your rights
You are entitled to inspect, correct, or delete your personal data. Furthermore, you are also entitled to revoke your possible consent for the processing activities and/or to lodge your objection to their being processed by Novy. In addition, you also have the right to data portability. You can request us to transfer via a computer file your personal data in our possession, either to yourself or to another organisation of your choice.
When you wish to exercise one or several of the above-mentioned rights, you can address your request to that effect to us via the contact form to be found on our website www.novy.com.
In order that we may ascertain that the request is being submitted by yourself, we shall ask you to also include a copy of your national identity card.
We shall respond to your request as promptly as possible, in any event within 4 weeks.
In conclusion, we also draw your attention to your right to lodge a complaint with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy.